A Bayesian approach to assess the status of Southern Hemipshere humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) with an application to Breeding Stock G
Main Article Content
The Bayesian stock assessment methodology presently being applied in the Comprehensive Assessment of the Southern Hemisphere humpback
whales, which uses a sex- and age-aggregated population model, is detailed. This methodology is applied to Breeding Stock G, which winters off
the west coast of South America. This application takes into account the recently updated historic catch series, as well as the most recent estimates
of absolute abundance and population trend information.
How to Cite
Johnston SJ, Zerbini AN, Butterworth DS. A Bayesian approach to assess the status of Southern Hemipshere humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) with an application to Breeding Stock G. JCRM [Internet]. 2020 Oct. 22 [cited 2023 Apr. 2];(3):309-17. Available from: https://journal.iwc.int/index.php/jcrm/article/view/302
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.